Rural Women Upliftment Society (RWUS) is a non- profit organization based in Churachandpur District, Manipur, India. Founded in 1990, committed local groups of women works on voluntary basis during the initial years. Through fund raised locally, the society runs a skill trainings and livelihood programs for marginalized sections of women and girls.
To empower the people for justice, peace and development.
Our mission is to empower local communities through capacity building, awareness raising, training, advocacy and lobby work, networking and alliance building and providing material support.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
– To promote awareness on issues related to rights, gender, climate change, agriculture and economic development.
– To facilitate local communities to response to the issue of injustice, corruption and violation of basic rights of men and women.
– To empower communities through strengthening people’s organization such as churches, women’s organization, youths, and community based organizations.
– To empower women, farmers and weaker sections of society through training’s, access to basic rights and provide material support.
– To create a platform for men and women to have better understanding in social, religious and political aspects and thereby bear the fruit of democracy.
– To promote the roles of women, farmers and minority communities in decision making and in peace initiatives.
– To make focus group economically empowered through access to government policy and provisions.
– To strive and work for the fullest growth and potential of women and minority sections towards justice and sustainable development.
Society Registration : Society Registration Act, 1860 under Reg. No. 234 on 3rd April, 1990
Income Tax Exemption (12A) : Reg. No: RA-214/12A/CIJ/JRT/2003-04/2725-27
FCRA Registration : FCRA Act, 1976 Reg. No. 194140018